- Views 1825
Are you spinning out of control in your mother-in-law role?
The wedding was lovely. Your children are back from their honeymoon…happily married.
You – on the other hand – ARE WALKING ON EGGSHELLS!
- Are you biting your nails because you have to wait days (or weeks) to get phone calls or even texts from them?
- Does your son give you The Look whenever you open your mouth and say something to him or his wife? Like “Ma, WHAT are you thinking?”
- Do you feel that the only time you are appreciated is when you dole out money?
- Do you really want to get the mother-in-law thing right, but you wonder whether you are ever going to feel secure and strong in this role?
- Do you love to dote on your baby grandchildren in the way you know how…only to be told “Sorry, Mom – that is just not the way things are done now…” by their parents?
I HAVE A SOLUTION FOR YOU!
Now you can solve all that with a straightforward 10-item CHECKLIST and some easy GUIDELINES.
FILL OUT YOUR FIRST NAME AND EMAIL — AND GET MY FREE CHECKLIST OF “TEN THINGS YOU ARE DOING THAT COULD BE DRIVING YOUR DAUGHTER-IN-LAW (AND SON!) CRAZY…(and how to fix them)”
WHO AM I? I am a mother-in-law, grandmother and mom of several adult sons. I am the author of a Grandmother blog, and a recently published book “Mazel Tov! It’s a Bubby” – a collection of stories about the joys and challenges of being a mother, mother-in-law and grandmother. I hold degrees in Special Education and Music and am a music therapist who works with elderly in hospice care.
TESTIMONIALS of readers of my book and followers of my blog include the following:
- As anyone who has been a mother-in-law knows, this is by nature a challenging relationship. So many of us make mistakes – and that’s okay, if we grow from them (R.K.)
- Finally!! An enjoyable and helpful perspective on the timeless dynamic of mother in law/daughter in law! (C. L.)
In my many conversations with mothers-in-law I have encountered women who are going CRAZY. Why? Because of what they perceive as the poor choices of their adult children and spouses. These are mothers-in-law like you, who will do anything to get their adult, married couples to change.
The truth is that in a mother-in-law/daughter-in-law dynamic, if the mother-in-law is going crazy, she – as the more mature individual – is the one who needs to change!
Because although most mothers-in-law mean well and want to make things work, they are unwittingly doing certain things — usually in the beginning of their mother-in-law careers – that absolutely drive their daughters-in-law crazy.
Yep! And that is why mothers-in-law need a comprehensive checklist of what those things are. A first of many comprehensive lists of a mother-in-law’s tools for coping. By simply subscribing in the form below with your FIRST NAME and EMAIL now, you can immediately receive that CHECKLIST.
A LIST of things that will tell you what NEVER (or almost never) to do. And….some guidelines, telling you how to fix the mistakes.
Too many in-laws ruin any possible chance of harmony between them and the young couple by committing any one of the “Ten Things You’re Doing to Drive Your DIL Crazy.”
NO MORE UPSETTING EMOTIONS
- Stop feeling mad that you barely get the time of day from your son (and his wife).
- Get rid of confusion from fuzzy, vague and arbitrary rules – get clarity. Set and observe important boundaries.
- Do away with your overwhelming fear that if you do something really horrible (in their eyes at least), they will cut off all contact with you.
IMPLEMENT HEALTHY ATTITUDES
- Create an open, communicative and respectful relationship with your children, grandchildren and entire family.
- Convert catty behaviors such as ignoring, coldness, and aloofness into positive traits such as happiness, appreciation, gratitude, and communication.
Sign up below and prevent arguments and dirty looks from happening. Learn how to fix them.
GET THE “10 THINGS YOU ARE DOING THAT DRIVE YOUR DAUGHTER-IN-LAW CRAZY….AND HOW YOU CAN FIX THEM.”
But wait; that’s not all.
Over the next few weeks and beyond I’ll send you MORE information and lists.
Lists about gift giving.
Lists about hosting family for long (or short) stays in your home
Lists about Helicopter Grandparenting.
Lists about setting and keeping boundaries.
Lists about how to be proactive in your relationship….. and many more important topics.
Each free list will be another set of tools for a specific trend that all mothers-in-law experience. You will no longer feel as if you are spinning out of control. You will learn how you can get a handle on your relationship with your adult children, how to communicate, and how to figure out what really makes them (and you!) happy.
To view the “10 Things” checklist and guidelines, subscribe by signing up.
(AND -as a subscriber to my list, you may contact me any time to find out more about this at email@example.com)